How Do I Join The Fire and Rescue Service
Becoming a firefighter in the UK Fire and Rescue Service does not come easily. In fact many serving firefighters have spent months and years applying and getting themselves prepared prior to gaining entry. You too must be prepared to work hard and also be patient if you are to pursue a career within the UK Fire and Rescue Service.
The process of joining the Fire and Rescue Service varies throughout the UK but the principles you need to follow are the same.
First of all, we suggest you read each and every one of the pages within our recruitment section by using the menu on the left. We are amazed at the amount of emails we get asking the most basic of questions, such as “how do I get an application form” or “how do i apply” which are both clearly detailed within these pages and demonstrates that visitors have not read the content of the pages we provide.
Once you have read the pages and have decided it is something you wish to pursue, you will need to find out if, and when your local Fire and Rescue Service are recruiting for firefighters. There are various methods of obtaining this information through the site. If you are applying to join the retained service then a trip to your local Fire Station should be your first port of call.
Once you have your application form, you need to follow the information you have gained by reading the recruitment section of the site. This follows the same for each stage of the recruitment process.
To be successful in the process, you need to be one step ahead of the next candidate, and be better prepared than they are. The Fire and Rescue Service only take on the best, so those who have put the work in, will be rewarded by the offer of places on recruitment courses. It’s also worth noting that recruitment into some Fire and Rescue Services only happens every couple of years, so this may be your only shot for a while.
By reading the content of this site you have already put yourself ahead of those who have not. We also have a number of products and services that will continue to help you achieve your goal. Although some of the products need to be purchased, its a very small price to pay considering it could help you get the job of your dreams. The majority of those applying want to do nothing more than join the Fire and Rescue Service as firefighters, so it’s money well spent, and probably equates to no more than your first days pay as a firefighter.
- The Recruitment Section will provide you with all the answers to the questions you need to know.
- The Fitness Section will help you, either get fit or stay fit enough to be able to pass the entry tests.
- Our Recruitment Books section will help you in the subjects that you may no longer be familiar with, such as maths etc.
- Our Recruitment DVDs are the most popular product and will provide you with that additional information along with hidden secrets on being successful.
- Finally, our Online Community of over 4500 members, experts and advisors are waiting to help and advise you in all areas of the recruitment process.